Senior Technical Product Manager (m/f/d)
As the Senior Technical Product Manager for e-invoicing integration, you will help us shape the future of exciting emerging products. You will partner with Product and Engineering across Avalara and our recently acquired e-invoicing solution. Utilizing your technical proficiency and successful track-record of 3rd party integrations you will leverage the best of both platforms for our current and prospective customers, directly contributing to Avalara’s success.
Ideally based in Germany (Berlin), for the right candidate, the role can be based in France, Italy, or the U.K. You’ll work with a global team.
What awaits you?
- Work with internal collaborators (especially Engineering and other Product teams) and external customers/stakeholders to fully understand requirements and business needs to ensure successful integration of e-invoicing with existing Avalara systems.
- Create and update roadmap for Avalara’s e-Invoicing and Live Reporting integration: Identifying and prioritising integration opportunities to improve customer experience and internal efficiency, and establishing shared vision across company stakeholders by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Research and write detailed product requirements including but not limited to user stories and acceptance criteria for engineering to execute against.
- Define and evolve the e-invoicing workflow as well as data requirements.
- Propose scalable solutions to accommodate variations across regions.
- Develop and articulate defensible point of views based on data.
- Ensure committed product delivery timelines are achieved across the organization including but not limited to engineering.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers across the organization.
- Partner with other PMs as needed in working with customers and stakeholders to understand their needs, and translate those needs into feature enhancements and new products.
- Be / become an expert in your product’s space.
What should you bring with you?
- 8 years of relevant experience in product management, engineering, e-invoicing and/or tax compliance
- Very strong technical skills and ability to connect with engineers on a deep technical level – you have computer science exposure and/or enjoy writing code as a hobby
- Willingness to engage with stakeholders and customers to understand their needs, workflows, and context
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, the Product Owner role, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally
- Ability to deliver developer-ready requirements appropriate for the project at hand
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, allowing you to easily bridge the gap between tech and non-tech stakeholders. As well as experience conducting small-group briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Experience working with international teams, particularly in Germany, the UK, the US and/or India
- Past software development experience
- Experience with both start-ups and big companies
- Experience with tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce platforms, and/or other financial systems
- Familiarity with VAT, e-invoicing or sales tax
- Experience working with government agencies (e.g., tax authorities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area (computer science, accounting, business) or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to speak German
What do we offer you?
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S., Canada, South America, Europe, UK and India
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com
We look forward to receiving your detailed application, stating your desired salary and earliest possible starting date, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can also apply via the Avalara career portal.
Discretion and the observance of blocking notes are a matter of course for us.
If you have any questions in advance, please do not hesitate to contact us at 0721/50 955 0.
We look forward to getting to know you!