Senior Product Marketing Manager – e-Invoicing (m/f/d)
Want to join a dynamic, rapidly growing SaaS company that’s disrupting a multi-billion-dollar industry? Avalara is a dynamic B2B SaaS company that provides cloud-based software for sales tax and other indirect taxes. We are pioneering technologies to make the complicated world of sales tax easier for our customers.
The Product Marketing organization is responsible for defining product portfolio, customer segmentation, market sizing, buyer personas, buyer journeys, messaging and positioning, customer-facing collateral, competitive analysis, field communication, win-loss interviews, customer evidence, and product launch activities. This team is accountable for all Avalara products across all geographies.
This Product Marketing role provides an opportunity to design and own the execution of a range of go-to-market, Sales enablement, and messaging and positioning initiatives across multiple products. This role will own the product marketing initiatives for INPOSIA, a German software company that delivers e-invoicing, digital tax reporting, and system and data integration to support digital transformation efforts and address real-time compliance requirements for businesses. INPOSIA was acquired by Avalara in April 2021.
The ideal candidate for this role thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, and innovative environment and brings a breadth of hands-on experience to Product Marketing. In this role, you will be responsible for developing deep customer insights and translating those into hard-hitting messaging and positioning frameworks and a wide range of customer and Sales-facing collateral. You will be the go-to-market expert and direct Sales enablement for your products. You will collaborate cross-functionally with Avalara GMs, Product Management, Partner Management, Marketing, and Sales to enable decision-making based on solid quantitative analysis and data-driven insights.
What awaits you?
- Work closely with Product Management, Partner Management, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to orchestrate launches of new products, features, and integrations into market
- Craft engaging messaging and positioning, Sales talk-tracks, customer presentations, case studies, and other collateral for new and existing products
- Deeply understand our customer segments and buyer personas to effectively communicate value propositions and differentiators
- Identify needs for and manage the development of Sales enablement tools and resources
- Develop Sales training materials, and orchestrate and execute training
- Perform competitive and market research to prepare the company, particularly Sales, for addressing trends and competitive situations
- Participate in developing presentation content for industry or customer conferences
- Work across all of Avalara’s products and geographies to provide strategic support to Marketing and Sales
What should you bring with you?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years’ experience in technology/SaaS industry Product Marketing or similar role
- High adaptability, a strong sense of ownership, and eager curiosity in navigating a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to collaborate inclusively and cross-functionally and work well with diverse perspectives and multiple stakeholders to drive company success
- Relentless focus on direct and indirect customer interaction to understand and be the champion for customer needs and pain points
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, to craft and articulate compelling stories for B2B technology products
- Data-driven mindset when making decisions and process-oriented approach to execution and measuring success
- Strong analytical abilities to conduct market research and develop insights from both quantitative and qualitative data
- Proven track record of quickly understanding new markets, industries, products, and customer audiences
- Ability to create tangible marketing deliverables as well as think creatively and strategically
- Experience in Product Management or product development
- Experience with tax research and content subscription products
- Masters of Business (MBA) degree
What do we offer you?
- Variety and demanding tasks
- Market and performance-oriented remuneration
- A highly committed, professional team of colleagues
- Short decision-making paths and flat hierarchies
- The chance to set an important course in your career and to participate directly in our success
- Sustainable products, exciting prospects, and the opportunity to actively drive the growth of our company
- A young, open corporate culture full of flexibility and scope for personal responsibility and initiative
- Company pension scheme to secure your financial future
- Fairness, openness, respect, and uncomplicated cooperation are very important to us
- Regular team events and a great working atmosphere
- Coffee, drinks, and fresh fruit
We look forward to receiving your detailed application, stating your preferred salary and earliest possible starting date, at email@example.com. Discretion and the observance of blocking notes are a matter of course for us.
If you have any questions in advance, please contact our HR Manager Christina Braun at 0721/50 955 0. We look forward to getting to know you!