Senior Product Manager (e-Invoicing) (m/f/d)
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make – every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
We are pioneering technologies to make the complicated world of automated VAT compliance easier for our clients – building cloud compliance to handle all financial transactions, all over the world — and we’re reinventing how tax is done.
We work with businesses of every size, from gigantic global retailers to corner stores. That involves billions of transactions, tens of thousands of legal jurisdictions, and trillions of currencies, moving at speeds measured in milliseconds.
The e-Invoicing landscape is rapidly evolving as more countries each year introduce new mandates. Understanding these different requirements can be difficult and remaining compliant poses unique challenges for each of our customers. The Senior Product Manager (e-Invoicing) will work with Avalara’s engineering and business teams to deliver cloud compliance solutions that simplify conducting international business and drive value to organizations of all sizes, and end-user needs across the complexity spectrum.
Avalara is currently going through a rapid growth phase in EMEA and globally. This role is both focal and pivotal to our success. Ideally based in Germany, but for the right candidate it can be in France, Italy, or the UK.
What awaits you?
- Proactively work with internal and external customers to acquire a deep understanding of their requirements & business needs (e.g. other PMs, operations, business development, sales, marketing & customer success teams)
- Research and write detailed product requirements including but not limited to user stories for engineering to execute against
- Deliver requirements in partnership with Design/UX, as appropriate, with an iterative, pragmatic approach to research delivery
- Ensure that product requirements incorporate effective written and more creative, visual techniques (e.g. wireframes and mock ups)
- Develop and articulate defensible point of views based on data from primary and secondary researching including direct customer engagement, particularly for new tax vertical or product launch
- Ensure committed product delivery timelines are achieved across the organization including but not limited to engineering
- Define and analyse metrics that inform the success of products
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers across the organization
What should you bring with you?
- 6-8 years’ proven track record as a Product Manager
- Experience working for leading SaaS companies delivering scalable, high performance solutions
- Experience gained within similar vertical – FinTech / FS, Tax, E-Commerce or Accounting
- Experience with agile development methodologies and toolchain (e.g. Jira)
- Experience with large scale complex systems
- Adept at developing and delivering complex products at high velocity and with aggressive deadlines
- Strong analytical approach, with attention to detail and excellent reporting skills
- Ability to lead internal and external cross functional teams
- Ability to communicate and manage stakeholder relationships effectively, internally and externally
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Experience with e-Invoicing solutions
- First-hand experience working with APIs and multi-system integrations
- Experience working at a start-up
- Experience working internationally, especially with German, UK and/or US teams
- Ability to speak German
What do we offer you?
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S., Canada, South America, Europe, UK and India
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com
We look forward to receiving your detailed application, stating your desired salary and earliest possible starting date, at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can also apply via the Avalara career portal.
Discretion and the observance of blocking notes are a matter of course for us.
If you have any questions in advance, please do not hesitate to contact us at 0721/50 955 0.
We look forward to getting to know you!