Senior HR Business Partner Europe (m/f/d)
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Senior HR Business Partner (Europe). This Senior HR professional will have responsibility for supporting and delivering HR programs and initiatives and aligning compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, and performance management practices in support of our rapidly growing European business.
This position entails both tactical and strategic functions: managing core HR processes while assessing the needs of the business and translating those into actions that will help grow and develop the business, its leaders, and employees. You will be a champion for our amazing and unique culture to ensure that we are embodying the Avalara Success Traits as we grow in Europe.
What awaits you?
- Partner with the management teams in the European offices to determine organizational, training, development, and staffing needs.
- Day to day partnership with the management teams in the UK offices to determine organizational, training, development, and staffing needs.
- Offer thought leadership and streamlined execution of HR programs and initiatives.
- Develop and implement effective recruitment actions to meet the growth plans for the European region, partnering with external recruiting agencies and the corporate recruiting team.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees in various European countries, reducing legal risks and ensuring a healthy work environment.
- Partner with external service providers to ensure the control and timely implementation of payroll and benefits for countries within Europe.
- Manage key HR end-to-end processes to meet the diverse needs in a dynamic working environment (including identifying and delivering both manager and employee training using both formal and informal methods; executing the performance review process, talent management reviews, and recognition activities; and maintaining core HR data and reporting processes).
- Deliver performance management coaching and provide guidance to employees and managers on effective communications and expectations setting.
- Articulate the company’s culture and value proposition to prospective candidates and current employees.
- Partner with the rest of the HR organization to deliver exceptional HR services and help drive global business and HR priorities.
What should you bring with you?
- Proven experience and accomplishment within a Human Resource (pan-European) role, gained within SaaS company
- Experience of working in a matrixed organisation
- Experience of managing / providing support remotely and across diverse cultures – strong cross-cultural awareness
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent).
- Strong presence, a proven consultative and adaptable approach, superior leadership and organizational skills, and an ability to deliver results in a global, virtual, complex work environment.
- Excellent relationship development and consultation skills with the ability to communicate complex and/or difficult concepts and negotiate and influence others to adopt different points of view.
- Excellent project-management skills with experience managing multiple short-term and long-term projects, complex in nature and with significant impact on business and HR goals.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines (i.e., compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, recruitment, performance management, etc.) and experience in providing HR support to teams in Europe with knowledge of employment law in the UK and other European countries. Proven experience in coaching and developing management teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Good command of both spoken and written English Interpersonal skills consistent with an entrepreneurial, small-company environment where teamwork is of the utmost importance.
- Mature, meticulous, self-motivated, and with strong analytical sense.
- Able to work independently and flexibly to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated track record in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with experience in a start-up and/or high-tech environment strongly preferred.
- Qualifications within a Human Resources or related discipline (Masters or MBA preferred).
- Ideally this person would have generalist HR experience, but with some focus in a specialty area of HR (eg recruiting, learning, compensation, etc.).
What do we offer you?
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S., Canada, UK, Europe, South America and India
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com
We look forward to receiving your detailed application, stating your desired salary and earliest possible starting date, at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can also apply via the Avalara career portal.
Discretion and the observance of blocking notes are a matter of course for us.
If you have any questions in advance, please do not hesitate to contact us at 0721/50 955 0.
We look forward to getting to know you!