Director of Software Engineering (m/f/d)
We are building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make – every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping.
Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there is an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
As Director of Software Engineering, the primary responsibilities will be to deliver our global e-invoicing solution, drive engineering excellence and bring innovations within the engineering space to ensure high efficiency, scalability, and stability. The incumbent needs to work closely with other stakeholders to ensure the product delivery and flawless execution of the program goals.
What awaits you?
- Providing technical leadership and apply best practices to further leading-edge solutions.
- Fostering innovation and experimentation, delivering software solutions that exceed customer and stakeholder expectations.
- Nurturing disagreement and the courage to change course.
- Supporting Agile processes and following SAFe Principles.
- Coordination with internal resources and stakeholders to ensure that we’re fulfilling on commitments and maintaining a high standard of delivery that satisfies the needs of the customer.
- Ensuring product releases are of high quality, that delivers excellent user experiences, and is compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Measuring program performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Fostering an Inclusive work environment.
- Liaising with the product teams and establishing highly collaborative partnerships.
- Developing a fun culture enabling high employee engagement and cohesive, collaborative teams across domains and locations.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders within business and technology teams to drive change required to execute product and engineering roadmaps.
- Leading a team in an environment which includes modern technologies, continuous integration/continuous delivery tool chains, and the full software development lifecycle.
- Using industry research and emerging technologies to ensure we are appropriately leveraging new techniques and capabilities Recruit and cultivate top.
What should you bring with you?
- Requires 6 -8 years of related experience and at least 8 years of leadership experience.
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or equivalent qualification).
- Leadership traits with extensive hands-on experience in building and managing the development of complex, large scale enterprise applications and products that require a deep understanding of application logic and dependencies.
- Agile application development methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required, with the ability to create and deliver effective presentations to Senior Leadership across the organization.
- Experience working in leadership roles and partnering with global team. Good at building relationships and proven ability to influence and drive delivery across a geographical distributed organization.
- Experience working in a SaaS Product based company.
- Experience working on SaaS based solutions.
- Experience building integrations or integration platforms would be a plus.
- Experience working with tools for static and dynamic code analysis, CI/CD pipeline, TDD and Serverless framework. Preferably on AWS (Cloud) infrastructure and services.
- Knowledge of Indirect Tax. (Sales Tax, Consumer use tax, VAT & Excise Tax).
- eCommerce experience or ERP domain knowledge of Sales/Finance/Accounting modules would be an added advantage.
What do we offer you?
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S., Canada, South America, Europe, UK and India.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com
We look forward to receiving your detailed application, stating your desired salary and earliest possible starting date, at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can also apply via the Avalara career portal.
Discretion and the observance of blocking notes are a matter of course for us.
If you have any questions in advance, please do not hesitate to contact us at 0721/50 955 0.
We look forward to getting to know you!